If you’ve ever wanted to make a video of what’s happening on your Mac’s screen, you’re in luck. Recording your screen is relatively simple and only requires a few steps. In this article, we’ll show you how to record the screen on your Mac.
5 Best Screen Recording Software For A Mac
There are a number of screen recording programs available for Mac, and it can be difficult to know which one to choose. Here are five of the best screen recording programs for Mac, based on features and ease of use.
- QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a free option that comes pre-installed on all Macs. To use QuickTime Player to record your screen, simply launch the app and choose “New Screen Recording” from the File menu. Then, click the red record button and your recording will begin.
- Use Snagit
Snagit is a popular screen recording tool that can be used on a Mac. It has a free trial version available, which allows you to try out all of its features before deciding whether or not to purchase the full version. Plus, there’s a Snagit coupon available that will save you 20% off the purchase price.
- Use Camtasia
Camtasia is another paid program that offers powerful screen recording and editing features. Camtasia also includes a library of royalty-free music and sound effects that you can use in your recordings. If you sign up for a yearly subscription, you can use a Camtasia promo code to get 10% off your purchase.
- iShowU HD Pro
iShowU HD Pro is a paid app that offers a more robust set of features than QuickTime Player. It includes options for recording both your screen and audio at the same time, as well as adding overlays and capturing video from external sources like webcams. iShowU HD Pro costs $29.99.
- Use ScreenFlow
ScreenFlow is another popular option for screen recording on a Mac. It offers a free trial so you can try out all of its features before deciding whether or not to buy the full version.
How To Record The Screen On Your Mac: A Beginner’s Guide
Are you new to the Mac and want to know how to record your screen? It’s actually quite easy once you know how. Here is a beginner’s guide on how to record the screen on your Mac.
- To start, open QuickTime Player. You can find this in the Applications folder, or by using Spotlight Search. Once QuickTime Player is open, go to File > New Screen Recording in the menu bar.
- A recording window will pop up. Here, you can choose whether to record the entire screen or just a portion of it. You can also choose whether to show mouse clicks in the recording.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click the Record button and QuickTime will begin recording your screen. To stop recording, press Command + Control + Esc (Escape). The QuickMovie file for your recording will then be created.
7 Tips And Tricks For Recording The Screen On Your Mac
Recording your screen can be a helpful way to create a tutorial or demonstration. If you have a Mac, there are several ways to record your screen. Here are seven tips and tricks for recording the screen on your Mac:
- Use the QuickTime Player app that comes pre-installed on every Mac.
- Use the Screen Capture tool in the Utility folder.
- Use third-party software like Snagit or Camtasia.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Command + 5 to access the screen recording tools in macOS Mojave and later.
- Customize your recording settings before starting.
- To record audio along with your video, make sure your microphone is connected before starting the recording.
- To record only part of your screen, use the Selection tool in macOS Mojave and later, or crop your recording area in QuickTime Player after you finish recording.
Some Things To Choosing The Screen Recorder For Mac
There are many things to consider when choosing a screen recorder for your Mac. The following points should be remembered:
- The purpose of the recording: Whether you’re recording a video tutorial or a gameplay session, make sure the screen recorder you choose is suited to your needs.
- The quality of the recording: Some screen recorders offer HD recording while others don’t. Choose a screen recorder that can give you the quality you need.
- Ease of use: Make sure the screen recorder you choose is easy to use and understand. Otherwise, you’ll likely get frustrated with it and end up not using it at all.
- Recording options. Some screen recorders only allow you to record your entire screen while others let you record specific areas or windows. Select the choice that best meets your needs.
- Features: What features do you need? Some screen recorders have more features than others. Figure out what you need and then find a recorder that has those features.
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on a screen recorder? There are some expensive ones out there, but there are also some very affordable options. Find one that fits your budget.
- Compatibility: Make sure the screen recorder you choose is compatible with your Mac.
- Output Format: Choose a recorder that can export your recordings in popular video formats, such as MP4 or MOV.
- Customer Support: If you run into any problems using the screen recorder, customer support should be available to help you resolve them.
Recording your screen on a Mac is a fairly simple process that can be accomplished by following the steps outlined in this article. With just a few clicks, you can record your screen for any purpose you see fit, whether it’s for work, school, or simply sharing a funny moment with friends. So next time you need to record your screen, don’t hesitate to give it a try.